Cache Creek Lavender in Rumsey is hosting its annual Lavender Competition this weekend.
The free of charge party runs from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Website visitors can harvest their very own lavender when enjoying food from Rustic BBQ, local wines and lavender ice cream.
Cache Creek Lavender is found at 3430 Madrone Street in Rumsey.
For a lot more information and facts, take a look at cachecreeklavender.com.
• • •
Hobby’s Brewing — a Winters cafe and brewhouse — has expanded to a 2nd locale.
Hobby’s Farm held its grand opening previous thirty day period in Davis.
The farm, positioned at 24830 County Street 95, is open to the community on Saturdays from midday to 8 p.m. and Sundays from noon to 6 p.m.
“In accurate Stocking relatives style, we entertained our dad, Curtis, with the plan of opening a 2nd Hooby’s Brewing area — in the midst of a pandemic,” according to a submit on the Hooby’s Brewing Facebook site. “We weren’t truly wanting for a new challenge, but in July of 2020, we located a gorgeous house just outside the Davis town restrictions that had so considerably likely to be a thing we deemed ‘cool.’”
“For the past 12 months, we’ve been doing work at the farm to turn our vision into reality and have a new place to appreciate ice chilly beer with our pals and family,” the article continued.
The write-up also described what to count on at Hooby’s Farm:
- The farm is family members friendly, so convey the complete gang.
- It’s a farm with grime and potholes costume appropriately.
- No exterior alcohol permitted. The only alcoholic beverages permitted on web-site is Hooby’s beer. Unlike our taproom, there will be no wine accessible. We will have h2o and sodas for non-alcoholic alternatives. We will have a minimal amount of money of sandwiches, fruit cups, and chips for sale, so feel free of charge to bring your have picnic and make a day of it!
- Make sure you be mindful that this is a performing farm with farm animals! We have sheep, goats, and chickens. Pet dogs will be authorized but they have to usually be on a leash.
- Our farmer, Mike, can ordinarily be observed supplying farm excursions of the position and his outstanding rows and rows of veggies. If you would like to acquire any veggies while visiting the farm, search for his veggie stand (make sure you do not decide on from the yard).
- We want you to be capable to roam the 40 acres freely, but please observe that we have place many hours of blood, sweat and beers into this location and hope you treat it as you would your very own yard!
• • •
The Woodland Chamber e-newsletter posted a casting call for Woodland and Yolo County eating places.
“Food Community is at present casting for the 19th Season of Restaurant: Not possible hosted by renowned Chef Robert Irvine. With the mission of helping struggling restaurants, Chef Irvine can take on the challenge of revamping your cafe back again to achievements in just two days and a $10,000 finances offered by production.”
Casting is now and output commences this summertime.
For facts about the display, visit foodnetwork.com/exhibits/cafe-unattainable.
• • •
Finally, Yolo County is hosting a virtual career truthful afterwards this month.
The event – scheduled from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on June 30 – options above 30 employers with job possibilities in manufacturing, product sales, federal government, warehouse, nonprofit, transportation, healthcare, trades, agriculture, retail, distribution, development and satisfy with career and education faculties.
For organization ideas, email [email protected]