MADISON, CT —From fireworks on Friday evening to the Independence Day parade Sunday and ongoing 4th of July celebrations by means of Monday, Initial Selectwoman Peggy Lyons and the city have shared important updates about the occasions, but in individual, how the city will be addressing the inflow of autos in Madison.
Madison Fireworks will be keeping its once-a-year fireworks show Friday, July 2 at 9:30 p.m. with a rain date of July 5th.
The Madison Exchange Club will be sponsoring its once-a-year Independence Working day parade on Sunday, July 4th. Stage off will be at 10 a.m. from the Cease n Shop parking large amount and conclude at the Surf Club.
‘Special’ parking principles for July 2 fireworks and getaway weekend
Because of to the envisioned high customer volume following weekend at our beaches, the Town will be employing a amount of specific function parking policies completely for the very long July 4th holiday getaway weekend, Friday, July 2 through Monday, July 5:
- No seashore parking stickers or every day parking passes will be bought at the Surf Club on Friday, July 2nd, or in the course of the long holiday break weekend. All seasonal seaside stickers, resident, and non-resident day by day parking passes will have to be procured in progress at the Surf Club workplace Monday by means of Thursday from 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. and on Friday, July 2nd, at the Madison Customer Heart/Chamber of Commerce Place of work at 12 College Road. City workers will be stationed in the Visitor Centre future Friday from 8:30 a.m. – to 12:00 p.m. for the sale of stickers and everyday parking passes.
- Remember to obtain any resident or non-resident day-to-day passes you could will need for the holiday weekend by noon on Friday. Sale of non-resident everyday parking passes will be constrained in purchase to be certain ample parking for Town inhabitants.
- Madison people can order seasonal beach stickers on-line by means of the Seashore & Recreation web-site and use their receipt as proof of residency for up to 10 days immediately after the acquire date.
- Obtain of a seashore sticker or a day by day parking pass does not warranty parking availability. Once a parking good deal is stuffed, all autos will be turned absent no matter of a move so remember to prepare appropriately. Website visitors and residents can ask for a refund for a each day parking go if it is unused.
- Parking at Lowry Field around the holiday getaway weekend will need a beach sticker or each day parking pass. Lowry will be staffed from 8:30 a.m. until eventually 9:30 p.m. on Friday, July 2nd, and from 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.
For the July 2 fireworks only:
- Gate several hours will be prolonged at the Surf Club Gate, East Wharf Gate, and Lowry from 8:30 a.m. until 9:30 p.m. Any resident or guest wishing to park for the fireworks at these plenty will will need a seasonal beach sticker or every day parking pass.
- Parking at West Wharf will be prohibited starting up mid-early morning on Friday to let for the established-up of the fireworks.
- The Town will be operating shuttle buses to the Surf Club on a continuous loop setting up at 7 p.m. with stops at the 79/Commuter Whole lot, the Madison Coach Station, and the Halt ‘n Shop parking whole lot.
The Independence Working day parade Sunday
The Madison Trade Club will be sponsoring its once-a-year Independence Working day parade on Sunday, July 4th. Stage off will be at 10 a.m. from the Halt n Shop parking lot and conclude at the Surf Club. This will end result in a sizeable amount of congestion at West Wharf and the Surf Club in the hours adhering to the parade. You should strategy your seaside day accordingly, and continue to keep informed of prepared highway closures and parking constraints. When parking your cars along the parade route in advance, make sure you be mindful that families with tiny young children and seniors will be lining the route. We check with you do not block crucial viewing places with parked vehicles.
All highway closure details and beach front insurance policies for the long getaway weekend is offered on the Town web-site.